SAP AGM 2010
In a session at the recent LegalTech New York event, Martin Telfer, Global Director of Information Systems for Baker & McKenzie, spoke about his firm’s selection of SAP software.
Mr Telfer is responsible for the firm’s IT systems which service 10,000 users across 70 offices in 40 countries.
Read a blog post about the session here. According to the post, Telfer recognizes that many in market think Baker & McKenzie is crazy for choosing SAP.
Baker & McKenzie has an ‘ally’ in another major law firm that chose SAP – Howrey LLP.
SAP reports :
Howrey faced the following key challenges
• Replace unsupportable, costly-to-maintain legacy financials system
• Support multiple currencies
• Eliminate need to manually maintain multiple financial books for regulatory compliance
• Provide business process integration for real-time accounting and matter management
• Redesign, automate, and harmonize business processes worldwide
Why SAP was selected by Howrey
• Support for multiple currencies and languages
• Scalability and flexibility to manage and grow global operations
• Strong basis for redesigning business processes based on best practices
• Ease of data distribution worldwide