‘LEAP October Webinar Series’
Manage Risk in 3 Parts • Garth Brown
Join LEAP’s ‘Month of Learning in October’ Webinars with Garth Brown’s How to Manage Risk in Conveyancing Files Series in 3 parts from 10th October.
Gain CPD points for attending the Free webinar series.
Wed, 10th October, 2018 – 1:00pm-2:00pm
How to Manage Risk Conveyancing Files – Part A
There are many risks which are inherent in the conveyancing process. Problems can arise at any stage and it is up to the conveyancer to ensure they are able to identify potential risks and are equipped with the knowledge and skills to adequately assess and manage those risks as they arise. This informative presentation by Garth Brown, an award-winning property conveyancing specialist, will raise the level of risk awareness in a conveyancing practice and detail the strategies needed to manage those risks.
The session will specifically focus on:
• Defect in Title – What is a Defect in Title?
• Mine Subsidence –Why be aware of mine subsidence?
• Air BnB – What is the present legislation: strata vs council?
• Reactive Soils – What damage does it do to property and how to mitigate the risk?
If you are interested in learning how to identify, assess and manage the various risks involved in conveyancing.
Tues, 16th October, 2018 – 1:00pm-2:00pm
How to Manage Risk Conveyancing Files – Part B
Every dream home comes with conditions attached. However, some conditions may be more uncommon than others and lead to very serious circumstances if not properly addressed. A conveyancer should be able to confidently approach and resolve issues like;
What if the purchaser is able to buy but is a minor? Whose responsibility is it to check cladding is fire-resistant? Are there Heritage Orders that would put a stop to remodelling plans? How do you know if your new seaside property at risk of beach erosion and what can you do about it?
This informative session will help participants understand potential risks and give them the knowledge they need to resolve such issues through typical real-life scenarios. During the informative webinar you will:
• Understand the complexities of contracts with minors
• Determine responsibilities about fireproof cladding
• Learn about investigating Heritage Orders and their potential effect on development plans
• Consider the risks and responsibilities surrounding beach erosion.
Friday, 19th October, 2018 – 1:00pm-2:00pm
How to Manage Risk Conveyancing Files – Part C
Conveyancing is a complex practice of law which has many aspects that are frequently unnoticed or avoided. From everyday neighbor disputes to being cautious regarding fraudulent applications, there is a lot of fine print and major issues to consider before heading for settlement.
How do you deal with tree disputes between neighbours? What are the consequences when an Aboriginal Site is disturbed? How do you deal with Illegal electrical wiring and the dangers it causes? What if someone is pretending to be someone they are not? This informative session discusses the everyday issues that conveyancers face while also sharing insight on topics that require extra cautiousness.
Through the topic discussed, the participants will get the required knowledge and help them understand how to deal with the issues at hand. During the informative webinar the topics that shall be covered are:
• Recognising the responsibility about disclosing orders issues concerning tree disputes
• Determining the risks and responsibilities on how to deal with Aboriginal heritage sites and its consequences
• Learn about the dangers of illegal electrical wiring cases • Understand the complexities of Identity theft.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Garth Brown is a Degree Qualified Accountant and Certified Conveyancing premium property specialist. With over 20 years of hands-on experience in the industry, Garth is a recognised property expert and speaker who provides Electronic Settlement Services for conveyancing clients.
Garth Brown Consultancy and Online Resources
Garth Brown, Fellow of the AICNSW and AIC Conveyancer of the Year 2015 with 22 years Conveyancing Consultancy experience in the industry provides:
• Consultancy and Coaching services to Students and Practitioners
• Professional advice – file by file on Sale and Purchase matters
Garth has created two essential eBooks to assist Practitioners and students:
• Risk Management Strategies for Conveyancing Practitioners
• Step Guide to Operating a Successful Conveyancing / Legal Practice
Risk Management Strategies in Conveyancing – eBook
Identify, Assess and Manage Risks in Conveyancing Practice.
In this definitive 165 page eBook, the author has identified 117 Risks to be managed in the Conveyancing process. Read more at this link …
Success Guide to Operating Conveyancing Practice
The Step by Step Guide to Operating a Successful Conveyancing/ Legal Practice is for those starting out in their own Conveyancing business or for Practitioners – an essential ‘how to’ guide for operating a premium practice. Read more …
Garth Brown Consultancy Services and products for Conveyancers and Legal Practitioners are available on Brown and Brown Conveyancing Website. Please access through the link below.